Sunday, April 18, 2010


If you haven't seen "The September Issue", you should. The movie is a documentary about the editor at large for Vogue Magazine. The funny thing about the film, for me, is that the main character was the least inspiring. Instead, I was drawn to a woman by the name of Grace Coddington. She is the Creative Director and as such, responsible for many of the wonderful images you see in Vogue. As the movie ends, your mind swimming with ideas, you're given one more push by Grace herself. She looks right through the camera, into your soul and states -

"If you don't have a record of your work, it's not really worth doing, is it?"

This is my first attempt at something memorable, my record. Aryn is a high school student and I'm a hairdresser. She is not a professional model and I am not a professional photographer. However, after much laughter we found a small creative window and were able to capture a few images. This is the first I have edited. I think it looks good, but I would love any feedback or advice as I attempt to capture more of my work. Thank you to Aryn for allowing me to practice my craft and thank you Ashley for helping me. I will post more pictures soon.

Mark-

No comments:

Post a Comment